A photography friend is in the Northwest all the way from the UK. He has family strung across western Canada, so, once or twice a year it seems, he takes aims this way, stops in Alberta, BC, or both, then works his was down the west coast. I'm headed over to Forks on the Olympic Peninsula tomorrow to meet up with him, a sister and a brother, and another friend who lives in Sequim.
One slight...issue...has presented itself, however: it's friggin' snowing! Not where I am...too low and too close to Lake Washington. But an unseasonable cold snap has sneaked into the region, and snow is falling north of Seattle and east into the Cascades...something near a foot is expected up in the passes. In April. In April! This is, after all, the PNW, where a half-inch of snow can bring everything to a screeching halt...seriously: the local news has "embedded" reporters and camera operators and there will be updates throughout the evening and into the night.
The trip out to Forks shouldn't be affected in any serious way, as the cold front out of Canada appeared aimed toward the Cascades, not the Olympics, but it's going to be below freezing over there, and there are a few high-spots on SR 104 and Highway 101. Let the adventure begin! Had enough of that when I got snowed in over at Quilcene in early December. But I just got a Hoya nine-stop ND filter and really want to try out some long exposures on the surf and the rocks at one or more of the beaches. More once I get back.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment