So it's sometime after 11:00 on a Friday night, and I'm sitting here, a big angry housecat at my feet, Food Network in the background, setting up a blog. Probably tells you more about me than any profile I could fabricate.
I am not particularly sure what I intend to accomplish by inflicting yet another blog upon the world: I write passably well, I take fairly decent pictures, I'm somewhat grumpy and opinionated, and, while I don't mind meeting new people, the circle of friends is pretty small, and many of them are sort of fixated on landscape photography.
"A picture is worth a thousand words" is an old saw we've all been force-fed, and it may be true, even in an age where some serious photo technology can be had in a $200 point-and-shoot from WAAAL*mart and where people are dropping the entire unedited contents of their two-gig SD cards onto their favorite photosharing site. I lug around considerably more gear than a $200 P&S, and still, the stories behind getting the pictures can't always be captured with a click and an adjustment layer in Photoshop. I post images on Fred Miranda and Flickr, neither of which are particularly set up to accommodate rambling stories about the pictures in question.
So I guess that's my focus here...the little stories, the minor adventures, the occasional misadventures that occur as I try to capture the large and small beauties in western Washington and beyond. I'll try to to keep the generalized snarking and the out-and-out rants to a minimum, but hey, I've got a stump now, so fasten your belts.
Dave
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment