Aggg! The primal sin of blogging...forgetting that you have a blog! OK, so nobody reads it, but it's good therapy to occasionally yakk up a big mental furball. No such luck: short and sweet before I take of for most of a week shooting on the Palouse. Headed first to Palouse Falls, where I'm hoping to camp and catch sunset and sunrise, then backroads to Pullman where I'll be meeting up with one of Jim Altengarten's Exposure36 workshops.
This should ba productive workshop: I need to develop my 'wide vista' technique, and I need to concentrate on employing the light in my images: I have come to the conclusion that I have become a little too complacent about creating images that really don't depend on good light; as a result, I often don't work a scene to try to squeeze the most out of the atmospherics or the available light. A case in point is the attached image...pleasant early morning overcast, and I squeezed something decent out of it, but was there something more I could have done; could I have come back at a different time, or a different day and gotten something more powerful...and which didn't need the Orton effect to elevate it?
We shall see: I have high hopes for the 'shop...if nothing else, the creative batteries get a mighty recharging during my annual visit with Jim.

No comments:
Post a Comment